Wednesday 13 November 2013

Torn

It's still day 13 - the challenge is around emotion.  It sure is!

I was standing in Bed, Bath and Beyond for no other reason than Chuckles was lying down nursing his painful infected hand and I didn't want to disturb him, when my sister called to say they will be staying through the weekend for my brother-in-law to have more recovery time before they make the 10 hour drive home.  They spent the day in emergency at the hospital near my house where they are staying, while we are in the city working.

I am torn several ways.

I am scheduled to go up to my in-laws for the night tomorrow and then to my choir retreat for the weekend.  Yet, I feel like I want to be there for my sister, brother-in-law and Chuckles over the weekend. And I want to spend time with my sister at my new home, I have felt jealous this week of her being there and not me!

But...  If I don't go to the in-laws I know my mother-in-law will be disappointed and me too since I havent been there for over a year!  A year! Egad, that's bad!  I would be disappointed to miss the retreat, although I have been several years in a row, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.  But its fully paid for and non-refundable.  

I am going to the pool now for some swimming therapy for my back (improving, yay!) and will mull this dilemma over a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment