Monday 4 November 2013

Day 4 Blog Challenge



 Living Mindfully - Mindful Ground

The older I get the more I am aware that my overall health and wellbeing is largely in my own hands.  Two years ago my doctor told me that even though I was not very overweight, I was heavier than I should be.  That, combined with high blood sugar levels on an ongoing basis prompted me to make further lifestyle changes.

Those changes have made such an incredible difference to me.  Not only am I now consistently within the BMI definition of normal weight range for me, but I am strong and fit with far fewer aches and pains than I once had.  I would say at 55 I am in the best shape of my life.

My body would say thank you for saving me!

What I have discovered is that I enjoy the process of being good to my body.  I love cooking foods from scratch, and growing them myself if I can.  I love to share recipes and ideas with other people. 

My daily swims are quite meditative in themselves.  The rhythm of the strokes and the breath, and having my face in the water and the goggles on, make this a 30 minute part of the day when I am very focused on my body and my mind is free from everything except what is happening right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment