Wednesday 6 November 2013

Live Today Like its Your Only Day

Today is the one year anniversary of the passing of our golden retriever Seymour.

I am feeling a little sad, but very grateful that we had him around for 12 (almost) wonderful years.  I mean almost 12 years, not that it was almost wonderful! 

Pets make a huge impact in our lives.  They become part of our families and teach us meaningful lessons about living life in the present moment, not worrying about what the future holds or dwelling on past mistakes or successes. 

Seymour's death has been the impetus of change for me, hence the name of this blog. 

Today I am going to focus on the lessons Seymour (and Angus before him) taught me.  Live today like it's the only day you have.  Respect what your body is telling you.  Tired? Rest.  Happy? Be Exuberant.  Sad? Be Exuberant anyway.  And be joyful in your greeting to everyone you meet. 

However, I draw the line at snarling at small puppies.  While Seymour didn't have much time for them, I still like them.


Seymour snoozing on "grandma's" foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment