Thursday 20 February 2014

Dodging Doggy Dung



Lately the trail in the park has been peppered with dog turds.  Large ones.  One night last week we cut through the park on the way home from our walk to the waterfront.  Guess who ended up with dog poop in every crack and crevice of one shoe?

Me, that's who. 

This morning I walked a bit later than usual and met a guy walking a big German Shepherd.  We used to run into each other daily when Seymour was still alive and he had a different dog.

Today, as we were saying good morning, his dog took a major dump right beside us, and he just carried on like nothing was happening.   If I had had a bag in my pocket I would have offered it to him, but since I didn't -  I did nothing too.  Except fume silently.

Judging from the size of the poop I observed, and the other poops along the trail, I am pretty sure this is the culprit of all of them. 

Next encounter I will be sure to have a bag in my pocket and will offer it and will tell him I use the trail daily and don't want to have to dodge landmines.

In the nicest way possible, of course.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment