Friday 6 September 2013

Countdown to Moving Day

Moving day tomorrow!

Even though I thought we had moved most of our boxed type stuff early on in this process, when we were de-cluttering, seems that's not the case.

We have a sea of boxes - in the dining room, in the rec room, in the foyer.  Ah well, most of the packing is now done.

I have stupidly packed all my clothes except for today's (which you will be happy to know that I am wearing!!) and tomorrow's.  But, since we will be back at the city house on Sunday night, I really should have left a weeks worth of clothes here.  So, I will be bringing back some of the clothes that the movers are taking tomorrow!  Duh!



The moving company provided a checklist to follow, and although all of it is common sense stuff, it's pretty handy to have and I have been reviewing it periodically as it's been a long time since I moved.  In my mis-spent youth, which lasted mid-way into my 30's I moved quite a lot.  That is advantageous in that you don't tend to acquire and keep things except those that are absolutely necessary.  Now that it's been 17 years in one house, even though I am not a pack-rat personality, it's amazing the things that have found their way into little corners of closet, drawers and cupboards. 

The checklist has also been a very handy reminder of who to contact with address changes.  A few I would have overlooked, I am sure!

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day, and I just spoke to the movers to confirm details, so the fun begins at 8 o'clock in the morning, ready or not!

By the end of tomorrow, we will officially live here, and hopefully can sink into that hot tub behind the grape arbour!

No comments:

Post a Comment