Tuesday 18 November 2014

Sunroom

I finally found the perfect furniture for the sunroom!


I have done very little buying and selling on Craigslist, but I am an avid "looker" at the listings.  One of the things I have been searching for is wicker furniture, and while many listings have come and gone, nothing really caught my eye until this one:

"Pier 1 Azteca wicker furniture, lightly used, settee, chair, ottoman, coffee table, and  side table $500."

Wow!  I love Pier 1 stuff, and since this Azteca furniture is still part of their line, I went to the local store to have a look at it and test it for comfort.  Price new, including cushions and tax for all the pieces in the ad was almost $2200.
 
The new furniture in the sunroom

I emailed the seller, Val, and we had a few chatty emails back and forth.  She was selling because she needed a hide a bed in her living room as she is waiting for a hip replacement and won't be able to get upstairs in her condo for 6 weeks  after the surgery. She bought the Azteca furniture as a treat to herself when she first bought her condo a couple of years ago. 

I told her I really didn't want the large coffee table, but I would take it to get it off her hands.  She said if I took everything she'd drop the price to $400.  I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!!

So I rallied my son to give me a hand and we went and picked it up. It is in perfect condition.  The cushions are slightly worn, so I may replace them in the future.  But I am happy, happy, happy with the way the sunroom looks now, including a newly framed painting done by my Dad and a little area for my guitar practice.

 
Dad's painting


 
Guitar Practice Area
 

 
The coffee table I didn't want is a great home for Mom's Christmas Cacti that are blooming like mad!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment